Pay your bill, track your energy usage or request notifications about your account thru this page. If this is your first visit, please contact our office at 800-927-6068 to obtain your initial login password. Once connected, you can change your password as you wish.
Electric bills are mailed on or about the 8th day of each month. Payment must be received on or before the 28th day of the month. If the 28th falls on a weekend or holiday, the following business day will become the due date. A variety of payment options are available, [click here] for details:
- Online Payment- Make a one-time payment, or schedule future payments thru this secure link [Click Here]. You will need your account number and password to access this site. If this is your first visit, please contact our office at 800-927-6068 to obtain your initial login password.
- Auto-Pay- You may pay your bill automatically each month thru your checking account by completing this form and returning it along with a voided check. [Click Here]. You may choose to have your payment deducted from your account on either the 20th or 28th day of the month.
- U.S. Mail- Checks or money orders may be sent to Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative, 109 N. Huber Street, Anamosa IA 52205. Please do not mail cash.
- In-Person-Payments can be made at the Cooperative’s main office at 109 N. Huber Street, Anamosa, IA 52205 Monday thru Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Except holidays). For your convenience, a 24-hour drop box is available in the south parking lot area.
- Level Payment Plan-For members wishing to control fluctuating monthly bills, the level payment option offers equal payments at 1/12 of your estimated annual billings based on usage history. The account must be current at the time of enrollment. Periodic reviews are conducted to ensure payments are adequate to cover usage and to reduce the potential for large debit or credit balances. To apply, call 800-927-6068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miscellaneous Fees & Charges
- Deposit-A deposit equal to the highest bill for the previous 12-month period at the location where service is requested is required. A deposit may be waived by furnishing a written credit reference from a previous utility provider stating you have had prompt payment history. The deposit will be refunded with interest after 12 consecutive months of prompt payment.
- Returned Check-A $30.00 charge will be assessed to the account for any paper or electronic check not honored due to insufficient funds.
- Late Payment Charge-A 1.5% charge will be calculated on the unpaid balance that is due after the 28th of the month.
- Reconnection Fee (Business Hours)-A $50.00 charge, plus taxes, will be applied when service is disconnected for non-payment and reconnection is made during regular business hours prior to 3:00 p.m.
- Reconnection Fee (After Hours)-A $75.00 charge, plus taxes, will be applied when service is disconnected for non-payment and reconnection is made after 3:00 p.m.
- Trip Charge-A $25.00 charge, plus taxes, will be assessed to the account if a Cooperative representative travels to your location to post a disconnect notice or to collect payment prior to disconnection.